[blindlaw] State VR Occupational Goal

Scott C. LaBarre slabarre at labarrelaw.com
Thu Jul 18 14:19:16 UTC 2013

A state VR agency cannot confine a person to a career goal which requires
only a four year degree or less.  If you have the capacity, aptitude,
interest, etc to become an attorney that can be your vocational goal and if
they deny it, you can appeal that denial with, in my opinion, a good chance
of succeeding.  I graduated from law school twenty years ago as a client of
the Minnesota agency.  State Services gave me assistance from high school on
through my graduation with a J.D.  Perhaps, your counselor is a bit
misinformed.  If you wish to become a lawyer, state that as your vocational
goal and don't back down from it.

Regards,
Scott