[blindlaw] Help to legislate audio description and captioning in all U.S. cinemas

The weird writer weirdwriter9891 at gmail.com
Thu Jul 18 18:44:49 UTC 2013

My name is Robert Kingett. like millions of Americans with vision or
hearing impairments I love going to the movies. However, finding a
cinema that offers movies with captioning or video description is not
easy and many of my friends with vision impairments have simply stopped
going to see a movie in a movie theater. Senator Tom Harkin (D-IA)
recently introduced two bills that will expand access to captioning and
image narration in movie theaters and allow people with visual or
hearing impairments to enjoy the movies we all love to watch. The
Captioning and Image Narration to Enhance Movie Accessibility (CINEMA)
Act would require movie theater complexes of two or more screens to make
captioning and video description available for ALL films at ALL
showings. With the help of this petition we can help push through
legislation that will force the studios and cinema operators to provide
the necessary technology so that everyone can enjoy the cinema experience.

The link is
http://www.avaaz.org/en/petition/Help_to_legislate_audio_description_and_captioning_in_all_US_cinemas_for_movie_fans_with_visual_or_hearing_impairmentss_1/?cTSTleb
<http://www.avaaz.org/en/petition/Help_to_legislate_audio_description_and_captioning_in_all_US_cinemas_for_movie_fans_with_visual_or_hearing_impairments_1/?cTSTleb>