[blindlaw] Smart Phone article of interest

Olusegun -- Victory Associates LTD, Inc. ukekearuaro at valtdnet.com
Mon Jul 22 05:59:04 UTC 2013

Hello Mr. McBride:

It is probable that you may have been conned by an AT&T sales agent.
However, it should be borne in mind that an AT&T iPhone WILL NOT work on a
Sprint network.  Sprint operates on the CDMA network.  AT&T, on the
otherhand, is strictly a GSM network.  May be the iPhone supports dual
networks, but I am not certain about that.

If one wants an unlocked iPhone which can be ported to other networks, the
cost, if memory serves, is well over $800.

I work extra hard never to be locked into any contract; I simply purchase my
own phone(s) and get a SIM card from a carrier of my choice.

I'm not an iPhone enthusiast; I prefer instead the Android platform because
it gives me more freedom to roam than the iPhone does.  For example, I can
change my own batteries on an Android-based phone, and, I can also use an SD
card if I so desire.  The chargers are pretty much universal--I can just
walk over to WalMart and pick one up if necessary.  I'm taking a hard look
at the Galaxy S4 sold by Google.

Sincerely,
Olusegun
Denver, Colorado