[blindlaw] Bluetooth earpiece for use with laptop in court

Ross Doerr rumpole at roadrunner.com
Tue Jul 30 20:32:45 UTC 2013

Hello Rod:
I've used blue tooth wireles ear pieces for years with my laptop for
hearings.
I've been using an LGHB 750 since 2009, and its gotten to be pretty old, so
its due for replacement.
There are a host of them out there, and they all seem to work pretty well. I
personaly have found LGH to be among the most comfortable in the ear, and
that connects the best.
Laptops these days have blue tooth detection that is pretty good, so I'd say
you need to look for a light one that has a good batery life to it.
I've found that, in an office where nondisabled lawyers are nearby, JAWS
irritates them when used without some sort of ear piece.
Wireless also lets me talk on the phone and take notes with my keyboard
without the client having to listen to JAWS in the background.
IT works for me pretty good.
Ross