[blindlaw] accessing textbooks while in law school

Bill Spiry b.s.spiry at gmail.com
Tue Jun 11 20:39:50 UTC 2013

Readers like Kinddel and Nook are well and fine but I found they lack the
flexibility I needed with texts for law school. Bottom line is that most of
us need to have the capability to make notes and mark up law texts to enable
efficient review and reference later. Getting my books to a word format gave
me that capability. I can't imagine what a hassle it would have been to have
my book in a format with such limited markup. The point is, you'll likely
best be served by pushing to get your texts in Word or at least PDF so you
can convert them into an editable format for law school. Resources on my
mobile devices certainly are useful for me in my practice but they wouldn't
have gotten me through LS.

pushing

Bill Spiry
Attorney at Law
(541) 510-2623
Bill.spiry at gmail.com

This electronic mail message contains CONFIDENTIAL information which is (a)
ATTORNEY-CLIENT PRIVILEGED COMMUNICATION, WORK PRODUCT, PROPRIETARY IN
NATURE, OR OTHERWISE PROTECTED BY LAW FROM DISCLOSURE, and (b) intended only
for the use of the Addressee(s) named herein. If you are not an Addressee,
or the person responsible for delivering this to an Addressee, you are
hereby notified that reading, copying, or distributing this message is
prohibited. If you have received this electronic mail message in error,
please reply to the sender and take the steps necessary to delete the
message and any attachments completely from your computer system.