[blindlaw] accessing textbooks while in law school

Michael Nowicki mnowicki4 at icloud.com
Mon Jun 17 23:19:52 UTC 2013

Hi all,

I am still finishing my undergraduate degree and I will be applying to law
schools next year, but I thought I would share one useful strategy I
sometimes rely on when I am unable to obtain textbooks in electronic format,
which no one brought up thus far.  Because the disability office at my
school scans textbooks for students who qualify for this service and because
the office does not require proof of purchase in order to do so, I am able
to check out any textbooks that are available through the university
library, which I subsequently drop off at the office, and when they are
converted, I simply return them.  Consequently, I don't have to worry about
buying books and then reselling them if I can get my hands on a print copy
for free.  I hope this helps.