[blindlaw] Computer-related skills

Rahul Bajaj rahul.bajaj1038 at gmail.com
Wed Jun 26 05:24:11 UTC 2013

Hi all,

Thank you so much for your wonderful responses..
I will definitely try to improve my efficiency in all these areas..
I use VoiceOver on my Mac. So I do know how to use apple Mail and Calendar which, I believe, essentially are used to perform the same tasks as Outlook..
I will, however, have to focus on effectively using track changes and red lining documents...
I can use Powerpoint and Excel to some extent, but I will still try to learn techniques for using them more efficaciously...
I have  another different, but related, question:  Do  law firms allow you to use any screen reader  of your choice,   or are you required to use a specific screen reader?.
If so, which screen reader would that generally be?.
I just don't want to end up spending all my time and energy in learning  how to use a screen reader effectively only to learn later that I won't be able to use that screen reader in the office.

Sent from my iPhone