[blindlaw] First legal internship: suggestions needed

Rahul Bajaj rahul.bajaj1038 at gmail.com
Mon May 13 06:34:03 UTC 2013

Hi all,

I hope this message finds you well.
This is my first message to the list. I'm a first-year law student
from Nagpur, India.
I'll be doing my first legal internship later this summer.
The internship will be at an institution which acts as a connecting
link b/w consumers and brands in order to resolve consumer disputes.
I'm a bit nervous and apprehensive as this will be my first ever internship.
I did mention about my disability in my CV and in the application
form, but they didn't bring it up during the telephonic interview.

I would be extremely grateful if you would be kind enough to answer
the following question:
How should I navigate independently in the office? Should I take
someone with me for my assistance, or should I ask them to delegate
this function to one of their workers?
I will just need some assistance for the first couple of days in order
to familiarise myself with the environment. I'll be able to navigate
independently after that.
Any tips/suggestions would be really appreciated.

Best,
Rahul