[blindlaw] [blind law] Best Recent Developments, Technology

Nicholas Parsons mr.nicholas.parsons at gmail.com
Wed May 15 09:02:31 UTC 2013

I agree the iPhone is one of the best developments in a while. Particularly iBooks, Kindle and a whole range of other legal resources and reference apps available on iOS.

I have a bluetooth keyboard but I find I don't use it much anymore. The iPhone case with attached keyboard sounds interesting, but I'd be worried that the tiny keyboard would still be annoying to type on. As it is, I usually only use my iPHone to consume content rather than create it. I generally do longer typing on my Mac. On my iPhone I use Siri a lot or, if it's not appropriate to use Siri, I use a brilliant app called Braille Touch which allows me to input text super fast (relatively speaking) similar to typing on a braille machine.

I plan to get an iPad to use primarily as a reading device.

However, for reading court transcripts and typing legal documents I still use Microsoft Word on a Windows computer running the JAWS screen reader.