[blindlaw] Overview of trace evidence - NIJ Webinar

Ross Doerr rumpole at roadrunner.com
Wed May 15 17:36:51 UTC 2013

I have copied and pasted this National Institute of Justice Webinar notice
into the post because I can't FWD it by normal means.
I apologize for being unable to do it correctly, but I think those of you
who are in the field of criminal law get the idea.
***
You received this message because you asked for an e-mail when we update our
Training page.
----

This webinar will provide an overview of the various forms of trace evidence
most commonly encountered in forensic casework, such as hair and fibers,
gunshot residue, glass, paint and fire debris. The various methods of search
and collection as well as the different methods of laboratory examinations
will be briefly described to show the extreme variability of clue materials
that can be produced during an incident under investigation. More
importantly, aspects of trace evidence interpretation will be discussed from
the perspectives of case pre-assessment, comparative examinations, and crime
scene reconstructions.

Register to attend this webinar May 29, 2013, 10:30am - 12 pm ET.

This webinar is presented by West Virginia University's Forensic Science
Initiative with funding from NIJ.

View all NIJ-sponsored training.
 Stay Connected

DOJ link policies apply.