[blindlaw] NIJ: Computer forensics report

Ross Doerr rumpole at roadrunner.com
Thu May 23 21:23:34 UTC 2013

I am posting a copy and paste of a NIJ notice I received today that I
thought would be of interest to attorneys. The link I added to it should
take you directly to the PDF of the report.
Ross

National Institute of Justice
forensic tool testing (CFTT) special report:

Test Results for Digital Data Acquisition Tool: FTK Imager CLI 2.9.0_Debian
(pdf, 128 pages)
(Ross Note: BlindLaw users go to the link below)
https://ncjrs.gov/pdffiles1/nij/242138.pdf

This document reports the results from testing FTK Imager CLI 2.9.0_Debian
against the Digital Data Acquisition Tool Assertions and Test Plan Version
1.0.

Test results provide the information necessary for developers to improve
tools, for users to make informed choices, and for the legal community and
others to understand the tools' capabilities. The CFTT approach to testing
computer forensic tools is based on well-recognized methodologies for
conformance and quality testing.

You may also:

View all Computer Forensic Tool Testing reports.
View all recently added publications and multimedia.