[blindlaw] Airline, Fined, Disab. Access -- Need for Dialogue?

Norman, Gary C. (CMS/OSORA) Gary.Norman at cms.hhs.gov
Wed Nov 6 19:54:37 UTC 2013

Greetings:

Based on a story I read, I think there is a need for continued dialogue on access issues. I learned that U.S. Air was recently fined over $1 million for inadequate disability access issues. An article on this issue evidently published in U.S. Today. I have even recently encountered an access issue at BWI.

Dialogue
I do wonder if there is an opportunity for a community dialogue among airlines and people with disabilities here in Md. That might be a good collaborative project for the future, bringing the disability and the ADR communities together.

To all of which, I think creating more dialogue with implied education might be helpful.

As an ADR oriented attorney, I am interested to find new ways to utilize facilitation (as provided by the Lyceum or otherwise) to prevent these situations.