[blindlaw] More Fed. L. -- Service Animals?

Norman, Gary C. (CMS/OSORA) Gary.Norman at cms.hhs.gov
Thu Oct 24 12:16:24 UTC 2013

Yes. Speaking would be great.

From: Debra Hamilton [mailto:dhamilton413 at gmail.com]
Sent: Wednesday, October 23, 2013 9:19 PM
To: Norman, Gary C. (CMS/OSORA)
Cc: anneb104 at aol.com; adrienne lefkowitz (euniverz at aol.com); Blind Law Mailing List (blindlaw at nfbnet.org); Animal Law Section (msbaanimallaw at lists.msba.org); Oxford Centre for Animal Ethics (depdirector at oxfordanimalethics.com); Joan Schaffner (jschaf at law.gwu.edu); Alexis Mitchell (alexisrizz at gmail.com); srstarburst at aol.com; elaine at clarityresolutions.com; psullivan at museumofmaritimepets.org; Catherine Wolfe (cwolfe12 at centurytel.net); Joshua Friedman (jterpslaw at gmail.com); Bernstein, Donna (dbernstein at mdlab.org); Terry Christensen (tchristensen at guidedogs.com); Theresa Stern (tstern at guidedogs.com); Melissa Hudson (melissa.v.hudson at gmail.com); Outside Becky Andrews (becky.lpc at gmail.com); tester at equalrightscenter.org; FEDsFirst at gmail.com; Outside Melanie Brunson (mbrunson1 at verizon.net); Michelle Bruns Miller (michellermiller88 at gmail.com); Brad Hibbard (BHibbard at guidedogs.com); George Kerscher (gkerscher at guidedogs.com); Ginger Kutsch; Gina Miller (gina.kristol at gmail.com); Rogers, Gene (FDA/OC); Cathy Raggio (CRaggio at mdod.state.md.us); goering at aclu-md.org; 'Kristina Deutsch' (kristinadeutsch at verizon.net); Lacey Douthat (lacey.douthat at gmail.com); Nate Horne; kelly.cooper at ubalt.edu; Day at DayAlMohamed.com; mrichert at afb.net; ncd at ncd.gov; Elizabeth Harris (eharris at gov.state.md.us); Efrie002 at son.umaryland.edu; eandalman at a-f.net; Wood, Nollie P.; wgomaa at alleycat.org; E. Anne Benaroya (eabenaroya at gmail.com); Wendy Little Schieke (wls at maryland-elderlaw.com); president at gdui.org; president-blind-lgbt-pride.org (president at blind-lgbt-pride.org); preader at gmail.com; penny.reeder at gmail.com; Barbara Tyler (barbara.tyler6 at gmail.com); Pattie Porter (pmporter at conflictconnections.com); davidlaroche1 at verizon.net; Heidi E. Meinzer (HMeinzer at beankinney.com); Jacob Casper (jarucasper at comcast.net); Allie Phillips; mwasserman at provider-resources.com
Subject: Re: More Fed. L. -- Service Animals?

Gary,
I think you are right education is of utmost importance.  We can make laws but people will still break them if they can
This is an article I wrote for the upcoming issue of Canine Chronicle - a National show dog magazine
It is not available for publication until after it is published in K9 Chronicle
I will then get a release if anyone wants to reprint with appropriate attribution
Articles like this can get people to be more prudent and aware of these issues.
Lets speak next week if you have time--- Tuesday?