[blindlaw] Tablets

Susan Kelly Susan.Kelly at pima.gov
Tue Oct 29 18:31:58 UTC 2013

I use an iPad with Voice Over and Zoom, although our office system is Windows (I think 8), with Word 2010, for which I use JAWS.  My assistant synchs my files for me, more as a time issue than any really problems in the process - we use an app called Folder Plus, which allows me to read the word and pdf files with VoiceOver.  There is also a Virtual Desktop app which can communicate with my office computer - I don't use that much, mainly because the need to listen to everything is very time-consuming, and time is not something which is overly available in juvenile court proceedings.