[blindlaw] Stability question

Olusegun -- Victory Associates LTD, Inc. ukekearuaro at valtdnet.com
Wed Sep 4 22:00:15 UTC 2013

Hello Mr. Doerr:

I belong to the group of individuals with the mindset that says that if it
is not broken, let's not bother fixing it <smile>!!

For this reason, I still run Windows XP Professional and I'm a happy camper
with this operating system.

I do realize, however, that 99% or perhaps greater DO NOT agree with my
school of thought.  As such, I'll recommend Windows7 Professional.  I'll
stay away from Windows8, even Microsoft itself is planning to release
Windows8.1 soonest, perhaps this month.

It will be almost impossible now to find a laptop with Windows7 on it unless
you're willing to pay an unmerited extra fee for a down grade.

Here's what I do:  I buy the laptop of choice, use Belarc Advisor to
inventory the drivers for sound, video, web cam if any, mouse/touchpad, and
bluetooth.  Then, I unformat the drive and install a fresh copy of Windows7
Professional from the scratch.  This way, I get rid of a lot of what I call
"crapware."

When installation is complete, I then download the drivers I had inventoried
and install them.  Long process, but it ensures that crapware are  staved
off my computer especially trial versions of a lot of software I may never
use.

Sincerely,
Olusegun
Denver, Colorado