[blindlaw] Blind High School student interested in Law

Russell J. Thomas rthomas at emplmntattorney.com
Tue Sep 10 19:42:23 UTC 2013

Two quick points:

How are your Braille skills? While it is not impossible to practice as an
attorney without Braille skills, it is far easier to do the work of our
profession with good Braille skills.

Many people are attracted to law because of criminal law.  That initial
fascination usually disappears once you understand the realities of criminal
law and also realize that there are many other areas of law which are far
more interesting and challenging.

I would suggest that you ask your career office at your school to see if
they can arrange for you to meet and talk to attorneys who are currently
practicing law.  I would also suggest that, if possible, during a vacation,
you visit your local court house and sit in on a court proceeding or trial
to get a feel for what happens in the courtroom, and imagine how you would
handle courtroom matters.

Regards,
RUSSELL J. THOMAS, JR.
Principal Attorney

Law Office of Russell J. Thomas, Jr.
4121 Westerly Place, Suite 101
Newport Beach, California 92660
T: 949-752-0101
F: 949-257-4756

Follow me on Twitter @EmplmntAttorney

personal and confidential use of the recipient(s) named above.  This message
may be an attorney-client communication and/or work product and as such is
privileged and confidential.  If the reader of this message is not the
intended recipient or agent responsible for delivering it to the intended
recipient, you are hereby notified that you have received this document in
error and that any review, dissemination, distribution, or copying of this
message is strictly prohibited.  If you have received this communication in
error, please notify us immediately by e-mail, and delete the original
message.