[blindlaw] Blind High School student interested in Law

Angela Matney amatney at hf-law.com
Tue Sep 10 20:38:32 UTC 2013

Dan:

It goes without saying that if you don't have braille, you can't use it. My job involves negotiating, drafting, reviewing and revising numerous transactional documents. I suppose I would find a way to work without refreshable braille, but I am certainly glad I am not required to do so.

With respect to your motions, you could certainly proofread those in braille through the use of refreshable braille before filing. I have done this with documents I have prepared on behalf of my colleagues in our litigation section, and I find it helpful.

Best,

Angie