[blindlaw] Employment Discrimination?

Jordan Richardson lilrichie411 at gmail.com
Thu Sep 12 20:05:42 UTC 2013

Hi all,

I was hired as a preschool tutor with the Minnesota Reading Corps (an AmeriCorps affiliate).  They work with different sites to hire tutors.  They have trained me and payed me, but when it came time for me to start working they delayed my start and barred me from showing up at the site.

I have requested Braille as an accommodation and said that I can provide the Braille myself.  I would use dymo tape on flash cards and books.  The following paragraph is from an email from the

> "I understand Kay Tellinghuisen of The Family Partnership (TFP) has been working with you to place a Reading Corps member. Because of the work conditions which are presented at TFP for this position and the visual impairment of your member, we are requesting your further help to ensure the safety and success for all."

To this emailthere was a document attached titled "ADA Medical Provider Report."  As I understand I am under no obligation to fill out this form.  Is that correct?  It is obvious the need for accommodations.

What are my legal obligations?  What do you suggest I do next?

Respectfully,
Jordan Richardson

Sent from my iPad