[blindlaw] Jotting down notes in meetis / on calls: devices / strategies?

Sy Hoekstra sy.hoekstra at gmail.com
Wed Apr 9 22:21:22 UTC 2014

This one:
http://www.amazon.com/LG-Electronics-HBS-730-Bluetooth-Headset/dp/B009A5204K

The basic idea is there is a light horseshoe shaped wire thing around the
back of your neck. At either end of the horseshoe are some buttons. If
you're using a computer, only the volume buttons matter, but if you're using
a Bluetooth audio file playing device, you can also play and pause and skip
tracks. If it's a phone, you can pick up and talk because there is a mic
built in. The headphones are ear buds, and if you aren't using them, they
magnetically clip into the horseshoe thing, so you can use one for meetings
and both for the rest of the time.

It's like $80, but I bought it used for $35 on the Amazon Warehouse, and
they work perfectly well. With my new surface pro 2 and these headphones, I
am quite tech happy at the moment.

Note: JAWS on my tablet works really well with these, but Voiceover on my
iPhone, for some reason, does not. Voiceover cuts in and out and is
basically useless.