[blindlaw] Should I be offended?

Manners, Derek dmanners at jd16.law.harvard.edu
Thu Jul 10 16:56:33 UTC 2014

I'm applying for an externship with the Connecticut Attorney General's
Office.  I've indicated a willingness to work in certain subject matters
that interest me.  I got an email telling me to think about other areas as
well that also suit my long term goals.  It was helpful and friendly.

Today, I got a followup email, presumably after they read that I was
legally blind in my application. The email asked if I would want to do
Health Law since they had another visually impaired attorney and they
already had accommodations set up for her.

It seemed like they were indicating that if I needed accommodations that I
would be segregated with the other visually impaired attorney.  On the
other hand, she framed in the form of a question and I don't think she
meant anything by it.  I think she just meant it would be easier for me to
get settled in.

Is this a normal phenomenon?  Also, should I be annoyed by it?

Thanks
Derek Manners