[blindlaw] Two-tier Diagrams for the LSAT

Robert Jaquiss rjaquiss at earthlink.net
Mon Jul 21 18:30:08 UTC 2014

Hello:

     If sighted people have a diagram to look at when taking a test, then
blind test takers need to be provided tactile diagrams. You also need to
know if the diagram is a true diagram or is it a perspective view of three
dimensional objects. Suppose that you have a jigsaw puzzle. A diagram could
be made showing the outline of each piece. It would then be possible to
define how the puzzle would go together. If the diagram is of three
dimensional parts, then the diagram will appear to the blind reader totally
different than it will to a sighted reader.
There is essentially no way to describe a diagram using text. Hope this
makes sense.
Regards,

Robert

Robert Jaquiss
Tactile Graphics Solutions LLC.
Email: rjaquiss at earthlink.net
*** Specializing in computerized production of tactile graphics, ALT
development, technology assessments, product evaluations and web site
certification. ***