[blindlaw] Kaplan method

Johnston withat at msn.com
Sat Jun 28 22:43:18 UTC 2014

Hi Amy.

You may wish to try using physical objects to approximate the diagrams
recommended for completing logic game problems.  Although you can't draw and
see a diagram, you can use spacial orientation of objects to represent the
problem's components (students sitting on a bus, cars in a parking lot,
whatever).  A lawyer here in Oregon used coins.  Something customizable like
paperclips might be  worth experimenting with: you could bend them in shapes
with predetermined values (triangles when the paperclip is to represent an
odd number and squares when it is to represent an even number, etc.).

You will need to get LSAC's prior permission to use anything like this on
the test--or even to bring such things into the examination room.

Good luck; I know that it's a bear.

Best,
Jay in Portland