[blindlaw] Filling Out Forms in Microsoft Word 2010

Nicholas Parsons mr.nicholas.parsons at gmail.com
Tue Mar 4 12:23:24 UTC 2014

HI all,

Pretty much all courts in my state provide all court dpci,documents (e.g. pleadings, affidavits etc) as fillable Microsoft Word forms. I have Microsoft Word 2010 which I use with JAWS, but the forms appear to JAWS as a bit of a mess and when I try and fill the required info in the right sections I often mess it up. An article on Freedom Scientific's website says that Microsoft is aware of the problems with filling in forms created in Microsoft Word 2010 and is working on a fix. However, I have no idea whether they've found one or not, but it appears not.

Has anyone else had any success filling in these fillable Microsoft Word forms? If so, could you please share any tips or tricks?

Many thanks,
Nic