[blindlaw] Re MS operating systems in federal agencies

Olusegun -- Victory Associates LTD, Inc. ukekearuaro at valtdnet.com
Thu Mar 13 22:06:45 UTC 2014

Dear Ms. Rene:

I use Windows7 on my laptop; I never had to take any classes in order to use
it.  The experience you have using Windows XP should be plenty in my view.
Windows7 is not as intimidating as most of us think; yes, without a doubt,
there will be a need to do a few things differently, but I doubt if a
particular scientific methodology is required in order to use Windows7.
Windows7 Professional, which is what I think many of these agencies will
install on their computers, can emulate XP should that become necessary
although I seriously doubt that this will be the case.

At work, I still run Windows XP Professional.  Why?  I want to see what will
happen on April 8 when Microsoft quits supporting Windows XP.  For example,
will my work computer turn on?  Will it have connectivity to the Internet?
Will Internet Explorer 8 still work?

If the answer to these questions is "YES", I'll leave things alone at work
for a while perhaps till the end of the year.

Sincerely,
Olusegun
Denver, Colorado

---