[blindlaw] Exemption of blind people from logic games on the LSAT

Michael Nowicki mnowicki4 at icloud.com
Mon May 5 16:34:09 UTC 2014

Hi Albert,

You wrote that you consistently scored highest on logic games without the
help of aids, such as Excel.  How, then, did you tackle the games,
particularly complex hybrids?  Did you keep track of all the rules, big
deductions, and previous work in your head?  If so, how did you manage to do
this, given that testmakers often deliberately write rules in complex ways
to try to trick us?  Please share any strategies that you found useful, for
as you correctly observed, most, if not all, LSAT study aids and prep
companies rely heavily on visual methods.  After all, most of their
customers are sighted, and most sighted students are visual learners.

Also, I wanted to clarify my original post.  I'm not sure whether the law
suit to which I was referring intends to exempt the blind from logic games
or to get rid of the section altogether, which, from a practical standpoint,
is least relevant to success in law school and in the legal profession.

Best,

Michal