[blindlaw] 2014 NFB National Convention

Scott C. LaBarre via blindlaw blindlaw at nfbnet.org
Wed May 21 14:37:15 UTC 2014

Greetings BlindLaw:

Below is a message from John Pare, Executive Director of Strategic
Initiatives for NFB,  regarding our national convention.  I echo his
remarks.  Additionally, I wanted to point out that the National Association
of Blind Lawyers will be conducting a couple of events at the Convention.
Our Mock Trial, where we reenact some form of discrimination case against
the blind will take place on July 2nd and the NABL annualmeeting will happen
on July 3rd in the afternoon with a reception to follow.  Many of our
members use our annual meeting as a source of CLE credit.  More information
will be coming soon.

Best,

Scott

Dear Fellow Federationists:

The 2014 National Federation of the Blind National Convention, to be held at
the Rosen Centre July 1-6, is rapidly approaching. If you have not yet
preregistered or reserved your room at the Rosen Centre, we encourage you to
do so as soon as possible. You won't want to miss what is always the largest
and most exciting gathering of blind people in the country!

Rooms at the Rosen Centre are available on a first-come, first-served basis
until our block is filled or until May 28, whichever comes first. After our
block is filled and/or after May 28, the hotel has no obligation to accept
any further reservations. The room block often fills up before the deadline,
which is less than two weeks away! To make a reservation now and ensure you
don't miss out on the special room rates associated with our block, please
call the Rosen Centre at (800) 204-7234.

The deadline for preregistration for the national convention is also quickly
approaching - preregistration ends at midnight on May 31. As always, we
encourage you to preregister online ( http://lx-web.nfb.org/convention) and
avoid waiting in the long lines at convention. You will also save some money
by preregistering -the preregistration fee for convention is $25 ($30 on
site) and the cost of a banquet ticket is $55 ($60 on site).

Looking forward to seeing you at the Rosen Centre in July