[blindlaw] Software Question

Kerri Regan via blindlaw blindlaw at nfbnet.org
Wed May 28 20:02:52 UTC 2014

Hi everyone. I'm a paralegal student preparing for a summer internship
at a small local law firm. The firm deals primarily with Social
Security and Workers Compensation-related cases, and managing and
compiling client data will be a big part of my job. I use System
Access from Serotek as my primary screenreader and had intended to use
it on the job as well. Unfortunately, it seems SA and two of the
programs I'll be learning to use aren't compatible. The programs are
Complementer (produced by FileMaker) and Prevail. Are any of you
familiar with either or both of these programs and if so, is there an
accessible way to use them? Though SA is my primary screenreader I
also have access to NVDA and WindowEyes, though I'm very new to the
latter. Any assistance would be greatly appreciated. I want to make
the most of this internship and contribute to the firm as much as
possible. Thanks, Kerri