[blindlaw] ProLaw with Jaws

Shannon Dillon shannonldillon at gmail.com
Thu Nov 6 22:52:53 UTC 2014

Hi Chris,

I've used the software since 2005. I've used various versions of it.
Scripts had to be written so I can use all the versions, but it is
doable.  I depend on speech andBraille to access it.  I use JAWS.
Prolaw is not usable for me without scripts.

It has a number of tabs where information needs to be entered.  The
part I use the most is the Events tab, which is where you drag and
drop all your emails and notes and dockets for hearings, discovery due
dates, etc. Even after scripting, there are fields that continue to
say "graphic". I don't know if they weren't labeled or if the labels
don't work.  If it were a problem for me I would have done something
about it, but as far as i am aware I am using it as much as I need to.
There is also a time function built in where you can click the time
you start and stop writing an email, or or talking on the phone for
example. It is meant to help  you with billable hours.  I don't have
to use that on the current version so I don't know if it is still
usable. But I was able to do it a couple of years ago.

Are there any specific questions I can help with? Or if you would like
to talk in person I'm reachable at 415-218-5862 during the day or
510-524-6016 after 7:00 pm during the week and on weekends.  You can
also email me at shannonldillon at gmail.com.

Thanks.

Shannon

--