[blindlaw] question about the ABA and mock trials

Anita Keith-Foust anitakeithfoust at gmail.com
Wed Nov 12 02:16:10 UTC 2014

Dear Jorge:

I don't know anything about ABA mock trials.

However, if you are interested in getting involved in debating you can join
a debate team with Toastmasters: http://www.toastmasters.org/.

When you go to college there may be a debate club or Model United Nations:
http://bestdelegate.com/college-mun/, that you can join.

If you want to observe mock trials, you can contact a local law school and
find out if you can attend.

I went to a real state appeals court trial in the mock trial courtroom at
one of the local law schools. The local law school has quite a few evening
programs such as forums, demonstrations, and workshops. They are open to the
public. The topics usually pertain to current events.

Once you go to college, there will be lots of opportunities for you to
participate and be involved in organizing a debate as extracurricular
activities in various clubs.

While you are waiting for your residence requirements to kick in, check to
see if your college has achapter of Phi Alpha Delta:
http://www.pad.org/home. You can join and participate in their Pre-Law
program.

I think that it is great that you are gathering information and preparing
for your legal career.

I hope this information helps.

Anita Keith-Fouost
919-430-1978