[blindlaw] MPRE

Sy Hoekstra sy.hoekstra at gmail.com
Sat Nov 29 02:05:40 UTC 2014

Hi Chris,

I took it this past March, and it wasn't bad at all.  The NCBE insisted on
me using their laptop instead of mine for some reason, but it was no trouble
for me, just an extra expense for them.  They gave me JAWS on the computer,
either a word doc or accessible PDF with the questions, double time, a room
to myself, and a proctor/person who fills in the bubbles on the answer
sheet.

The documentation was easy enough, a form to fill out for me, and one for my
doctor. The forms were accessible to read, and I could fill them out using
JAWS and Windows 8, though I had some issues when I tried it on a Windows 7
computer. Online registration for the exam itself, as I remember, was easily
accessible.

Some people sued them a while back because they were being ridiculous about
accommodations, and now they're great. The e-mail telling me I had been
approved for everything I asked for came about 2 hours after the e-mail
telling me they had received my application.

You should just give yourself plenty of time to sign up and get all the
right forms in in case you run into some nonsense somewhere. I remember this
being relatively painless though. And the test itself is a breeze.

Sy