[blindlaw] Studying for the Bar Using BARBRI Amp

Sy Hoekstra sy.hoekstra at gmail.com
Thu Apr 23 23:25:39 UTC 2015

I used it with JAWS and Windows 8.1 without issue last year. There were a
couple little finicky things, like how focus would sometimes jump back to
the beginning of the question when I was going through the answers, but no
real issues. The main ADA team at Barbri is great, and will help you however
they can. They are tracking the accessibility of that program in particular
pretty carefully. Or at least, they were last year.

But also, rather than making sure you can do every inch of the Barbri
course, I would advise you, as Barbri will half way through the summer, that
your focus should be on the outlines from the lectures and doing actual exam
practice questions. If the accessibility of Amp is stressing you out or
taking up lots of your time, drop it.