[blindlaw] Congratulations and Thank You

Anita Keith-Foust anitakeithfoust at gmail.com
Thu Aug 13 01:43:40 UTC 2015

Dear Ben:

We all have opinions and our own point of view. That is what makes America
great! Your response gave accolades to those who paved the way, and I get
that. I am a firm believer that each generation must reach for the baton,
grab it, don't drop it, and run as fast as possible to the finish line.

Therefore, recognizing and congratulating the tenacity of our fellow blind
law students is not the same thing as not recognizing those who came before
them.

Recognizing the challenges and the grit that Attorney Willie Gary had to
muster does not denigrate the accomplishments of Supreme Court Justice
Thurgood Marshall.

My congratulating Usain Bolt's overcoming adversity does not mean I do not
recognize the achievements of Jesse Owens who paved the way for him and many
others.

Have a good year in school.

Sincerely,

Anita Keith-Foust