[blindlaw] Fully Grasping the Factual Matrix of Cases and Effectively Internalizing the Ratio Decidendi

Susan Kelly Susan.Kelly at pima.gov
Wed Aug 26 22:32:25 UTC 2015

I always broke down the cases into their component parts (in written form, by whatever method is best for you - I could still see my own handwriting at the time) aa I was reading and re-reading them.  This made it much more clear, and actually helped to speed things up.  Truthfully, I still do something similar with my disclosure for my clients' cases now - it helps me think of other issues and facts that need to be addressed.

I think each person approaches cases differently, so it is hard to say how much time will be necessary.