[blindlaw] Looking for insight

NMPBRAT at aol.com NMPBRAT at aol.com
Wed Dec 2 02:09:22 UTC 2015

Hi,
I am hoping that this list can provide me some insight into a  situation
that I am currently in.  If this post is not appropriate for this  list, my
apologies.  If you have another suggestion as to where I can post,  please
feel free to suggest other ideas.

Here's my situation.  I currently have a disability  discrimination charge
with EEOC.  It took me one and half years to get an  enforcement
investigator assigned to my case.  In those one and  a half years, the initial
investigator went off the grid for six months and  it took me going all the way to
the director of the field office and back down  through the investigator's
supervisor in order to get a response.  About 3  months ago, I contacted one
of my state senators offices in an attempt to get  things moving.  They have
been somewhat helpful and I believe it is part of  the reason I even was
just now assigned an enforcement investigator.  When  they got involved, the
response they received from the EEOC office  regarding my case caught their
attention and they were somewhat  concerned.  The case worker that I was
working with in their office  stated that she took it to her supervisor, who then
actually had her take  it directly to the senator himself. Anyway, I just
spoke to the  investigator for the first time yesterday, as I had reached out
to her.  I  had a question regarding filing a second charge.  in the
conversation, she  stated that she wasn't sure when she might even be able to
begin investigating  my case and stated she had cases that she was still working
on from back in  2010.
Now, I know government moves at a snails pace....I fully  expected that.
However, my experiences with this office have been less  than ideal and even
the representative from this senator's office agreed and was  concerned
about what might be going on.
So my question is..... Is this normal?  Is this typical  behavior and case
management in any EEOC office wherever you are?  Or is  this more isolated
to this particular office?   I'm just trying to  gain a broader perspective.
Again, I'm not expecting a quick  turnaround.  If this is typical, then I
just will have to live with  it.  However, if this is not, I may be a little
more proactive and advocate  a little harder to keep things moving, even if
that means involving the  senator's office again.  I don't expect miracles
but also want the wheels  of justice to keep moving, so to speak.  Otherwise,
I might be 80 and in a  retirement home by the time it gets investigated
and settled (haha)!

As I stated, any insight is appreciated.

If you prefer to contact me off list, my email is _nmpbrat at aol.com_
(mailto:nmpbrat at aol.com) .

Thank you,
Nicole