[blindlaw] active shooter trainings?

Keri keribcu at gmail.com
Wed Dec 9 15:58:09 UTC 2015

I think it is up to the trainers to do research and offer suggestions.
At my university the campus police officer(who is a real policeman)
offered me personal suggestions on adapting, but I don't think there is
official methods. My school is willing to teach for different situations
however to students, staff, and faculty.

On 12/9/2015 10:24 AM, Susan Kelly via blindlaw wrote:
> Apologies in advance that this is only tangentially a legal question (being somewhat civil rights involved), but given that many of us are governmental employees, or at least in larger groups, I am hoping there is an answer among us.
>
> Our county has done active shooter trainings for the last couple of years.  Unfortunately, they have absolutely zero training or suggestions for those of us who are blind or wheelchair-bound.  Has anyone participated in a training that accounts for these differences?  Does any such training even exist?

Keri