[blindlaw] active shooter trainings?

Susan Kelly Susan.Kelly at pima.gov
Thu Dec 10 22:49:37 UTC 2015

True enough - but before these trainings were the rage, we already had a potential situation at our courthouse (juvenile), where a person who had just assaulted a street vendor then escaped into our facility and was actively evading security, suspected of being armed.  One of our then-pregnant co-workers ended up locked in detention, missing lunch and meds, for several hours due to the lockdown.  We don't handle emergencies well as an organization, it seems.  Thus, trying to think ahead.