[blindlaw] Accessibility of PDF Textbooks Obtained Directly from the Publisher

ALBERT ELIA al.elia at aol.com
Fri Jan 9 19:34:20 UTC 2015

The burden is on the school: http://www.pacer.org/publications/adaqa/504.asp

However, the publishers often provide the PDF versions of their texts when available. Whether a publisher is required to provide the PDF or not, it is in a publisher's interest to do so because they can contractually control the sharing of the PDF that way (e.g., publisher-provided PDFs can't be shared on bookshare, whereas a student-scanned PDF could be).