[blindlaw] Accessibility of PDF Textbooks Obtained Directly from the Publisher

Chris Griggs chrisgriggs0 at gmail.com
Fri Jan 9 19:44:04 UTC 2015

I am not fully blind, yet, so I use PDF's regularly, but not with JAWS or
other readers.  I also, usually get them through the disabilities office,
rather than the publishers.  I had a lot of difficulty with what I received
for my first semester of law school and have found that the use of Adobe
Pro allows me to easily modify PDF;s to usable formats, which is especially
useful when you get one in a JPEG format.  It is more work for me to do,
but a few hours once a semester is worth it to me so that I can ensure that
the books are usable for my specific study methods.  i.e. adding bookmarks
where the prof has stressed a particular case   The program was provided by
my VR counselor and simple to use.  I hope this helps youl

--
Chris Griggs