[blindlaw] KNFB Reader iOS App Now Available for Only $49.99

Olusegun -- Victory Associates LTD, Inc. ukekearuaro at valtdnet.com
Sat Jan 31 18:12:39 UTC 2015

I've heard lots of good things about the KNFB Reader.  I'd like to grab one,
but I'm an Android fan boy and, those of us on this platform presumably have
either an inaccessible or a not-so-accessible OS in our hands!  But I'll
keep drinking from the Android river and hope that soon and very soon, the
KNFB app will be ported over to us!

At $49.99 for the IOS, I wonder how much we Android fan boys will have to
SHELL OUT to grab this app when we get it!  Small market?  Not enough niche?
High cost of R&D?  I've heard it all i guess!  The price to be paid for
accessibility to anything makes a few souls feel guilty for being blind or
otherwise disabled!  A guy in U.K. was going to write scripts for my wee,
small company to use with a POS program; these would have been Window-Eyes
scripts!  How much does he want?  $18,190 for a 20-day job or $30,303 for a
40-day one!  As lawyers, I'd be curious to know how many of us make that
much in 20 or 40 days if you're not negotiating contracts for NFL and NBA
players?  If you are, perhaps you can share a few secrets; I'm too far
behind the times I surmise.

Sincerely,
Olusegun
Denver, Colorado