[blindlaw] NABL Annual Meeting Agenda

Dan Beitz dbeitz at wiennergould.com
Wed Jul 1 21:02:43 UTC 2015

I'm sorry I have to miss this.  However, I do have a suggestion for next year's agenda.  Somebody needs to do a presentation on the admission and use of photographic evidence by blind persons.  This is a very real problem that will come up regularly in most of our careers.  I failed to appreciate the significance of a picture in my file that was very persuasive to the judge.  I represented a corporate client who was sitting right there to witness my laps.  Fortunately, corporate counsel was understanding, and knew that I would fix this issue going forward.  After 23 years of litigating, this should not have happened, but it did because, among other lapses, I failed to get a second opinion on the contents and potential impact of the picture from a sighted colleague.  In short, I took allot for granted.  Anyone else think this is a good idea for next year?  I can't be the only blind attorney out there that has struggled with this issue at times.

Daniel K. Beitz
Wienner & Gould, P.C.
950 University Dr., Ste. 350
Rochester, MI  48307
Phone:  (248) 841-9405
Fax:  (248) 652-2729
dbeitz at wiennergould.com

www.wiennergould.com

This email transmission and any documents, files or previous email messages attached
to it may contain confidential information that is legally privileged.  If you are
not the intended recipient or the individual responsible for delivering this email
to the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any disclosure, copying,
or distribution or use of any of the information contained herein or attached to
this email is strictly prohibited.  Should you receive this communication in error,
please notify us immediately by replying to the sender of this email or by telephoning
us at (248) 841-9400.