[blindlaw] ZoomText versus JAWS

Susan Kelly Susan.Kelly at pima.gov
Wed Jul 8 17:42:30 UTC 2015

Thanks - this has been an on-going battle over the last 6 years, and will likely continue to be so.  The first accessibility program I used was one I purchased myself (WinZoom), when I still had more vision, as it did not need to be installed on the network as a resident program but rather loaded daily from a USB.  It has been an uphill battle ever since, especially since the theory of the powers that be is that, because I have a secretary assigned to me alone (rather than sharing one with 3 other attorneys, the usual public defender staffing quotient), she can take care of reading everything to me that does not work computer-wise.  In actual practice, that does not work in the rapid pace of juvenile court, but there are not so subtle reminders of the hiring freeze and budget cuts that are in place to counter my complaints.