[blindlaw] Social Security Disability Benefits face cuts in 2016N.Y. Times

Nicole Askins njaskins at gmail.com
Thu Jul 23 23:06:08 UTC 2015

I understand the economy is in trouble, I get it!! But, this is a much
larger issue. In that, like someone else said assuring that individuals
with disabilities have access to jobs that would sustain us. Or prevention
waste through red tape and too much administration. Perhaps then, cost
could be cut. But if we continue to do governmental business as usual of
course we will run out of money because it just does not make sense the way
that the Social Security Administration runs. They respond to lawsuits
better than they respond to the actual needs of those they are employed to
serve.

How about instead of reducing benefits by 19 percent you reduce
administrative waste customer fraud and other abuse by 19 percent then see
if it makes a difference.