[blindlaw] requiring a Driver's License as a pre-requisite to employment as an attorney

Ross A. Doerr rumpole at roadrunner.com
Mon Jun 15 17:53:29 UTC 2015

Hello Susan:
Yes indeed, the valid driver's lisence requirement became quite popular in
New Hampshire and Maine for state and governmental employment. All it really
did was to force disabled job applicants to report their disability and
request an accommodation.
It really was, and is, a cheap shot to those of us who are disability
advocates. On the other hand, it did a fine job of keeping me and several
others I know, from getting gainful employment in government.
Ross