[blindlaw] Dragon Professional with J-Dictate

Andrew Webb awebb2168 at gmail.com
Fri Jun 19 19:00:14 UTC 2015

Hello,

Does anyone on the list have experience using Dragon Professional in tandem
with JAWS?  It's my understanding that J-Dictate is the program that enables
the blind user to use the one program together with the other.  If there is
anyone here who has used these programs and cares to comment, has it been an
effective and satisfactory experience?  I'm searching for ways to make the
writing, and even more so the editing process faster and more efficient than
I find it to be using JAWS alone.  One knowledgeable party recently told me
that using Dragon by way of J-Dictate can be a great way to go, and of
course I'd like to hear all possible perspectives on the question.

Thanks,

Andrew