[blindlaw] Deputy Clark position question

Rebecca Leon becsjoynfb at gmail.com
Mon Jun 22 22:42:57 UTC 2015

I hope you are all well and are getting ready and excited for convention this year.
I wanted to email you all with a few questions concerning the role of a court clark  As a social worker, I have had a job position come available as a deputy clerk and Spanish translator for the juvenile court in Nashville Tennessee.
I am positive that I have the skills necessary for this job but I am going in for the interview tomorrow and want to be sure that I can realistically address potential concerns they might have. If you all have any advice on this, it would be so appreciated. My questions are as follows and are generally directed to anyone who has served as the court clerk, although if you have not but would like to give advice, that is welcome as well:
What kind of filing systems are used by the court, and can they be accessible to blind people generally (are they electronic?)
Have you used any specific accommodations which you found helpful or even invaluable?
Is there specific terminology which I personally should be aware of?
During your election/hiring process did you ever address concerns related to disability?
Do you have any other advice which does not fit into the above. Questions?
Thank you for your help and advice
Rebecca ~

    When a man loves, he seeks no power, and therefore, he has power.
~Alan Paton