[blindlaw] Methods for Reading Handwriting

Charles Krugman ckrugman at sbcglobal.net
Tue May 19 09:07:52 UTC 2015

Years ago when I worked as a vocational expert for the Social Security
Administration hearings office in Detroit I had to hire at my own expense a
reader to review client files. While much of Social Security files have gone
digital and attorneys/clients are given a CD ROM file it is not always
compatible with all computers. I usually make a point to review a file in
advance of the hearing to make sure that the files contain all necessary
records as many times there are omissions and many records were not received
or requests for records were not sent. I think the only way to go with this
is a reader because many clients are overwhelmed with medical technology and
a trained reader becomes familiar with what I want to know when reviewing a
file. This would apply to all types of medical or technical records and some
times information contained in a claim file can be upsetting to a client
especially when dealing with a psychiatric condition. hope this helps.
Chuck Krugman, MSW Paralegal
1237 P Street
Fresno ca 93721
559-266-9237