[blindlaw] NYTimes article on hiring bias

Ross A. Doerr rumpole at roadrunner.com
Mon Nov 2 12:26:36 UTC 2015

This isn't news to those of us with a disability. (So, I'm a cynic)

http://www.nytimes.com/2015/11/02/upshot/fake-cover-letters-expose-discrimin
ation-against-disabled.html?emc=eta1
<http://www.nytimes.com/2015/11/02/upshot/fake-cover-letters-expose-discrimi
nation-against-disabled.html?emc=eta1&_r=0#story-continues-1>
&_r=0#story-continues-1

So, 34% of qualified working age disabled job applicants are working
compared to 74% without a disability?

Those of us with a disability could have told them this a long time ago.

How can I get paid to tell researchers the obvious?

Ross

CYNIC, n.  A blackguard whose faulty vision sees things as they are,

not as they ought to be.  Hence the custom among the Scythians of

plucking out a cynic's eyes to improve his vision.

A.  Bierce "The Devil's Dictionary"

B.