[blindlaw] Class Notes

Aimee Harwood awildheir at gmail.com
Thu Sep 17 23:08:15 UTC 2015

Hello everyone,

I have a few questions about note takers provided by the school and clas notes.  1. If a person is granted a note taker, is the blind student  required to take notes and should that blind student be scrutinized about the fact that they are or are not also taking notes?  2.  Are there guidelines that schools provide the note taker that indicates what they can or can not include in the class notes?  3.  Is anything said in class allowed to be included in the class notes by the note taker?  4.  Is the blind student allowed to request things  that are said in class that are not currently included in the class notes to be included in the notes provided by the note taker?

,If there is any other information regarding notetakers and class notes that I may not have thought of, please don't hesitate to throw it in.

Aimee

Sent from my iPad