[blindlaw] Class Notes

Alosha Moore aloshamoore at gmail.com
Fri Sep 18 00:10:23 UTC 2015

Amy:
No, if The blind student requests to have someone provide them with notes, they are not required to continue taking their own notes. That note taker is required to be competent and cognizant of both visually presented material as well as auditory. The blind student is allowed to request the note taker to be aware of specific information that they deem pertinent, but it is better to find a note taker that already takes good notesand does not have to make major changes to suit both of you.
My note taker happens to be one of the top in our class and we've set up a drop box system that suits both of us. Remember, this is a very reasonable request as many professors depend on conveying information visually which does not suit the blind student at all.hope this helps and feel free to ask for clarification.
Warm regards, Alosha Moore.

Sent from my iPhone.