[blindlaw] Bar Prep Follow-Up

Tai Tomasi taiablas at gmail.com
Tue Sep 29 19:23:09 UTC 2015

Hi all. I thought I would follow up on the bar prep course thread. I used
BARBRI and it had some accessibility issues, but I did pass the bar exam.
The BARBRI app has some accessibility bugs which I reported to BARBRI.  It
still needs work, but is largely accessible. Many of the MBE StudySmart
questions were not accessible online due to inaccessible windows, likely in
Flash. Instead of completing them online, I just used the questions in the
books which I got from BARBRI in both PDF and word formats. Kate Levine,
BARBRI's National ADA director, sent me all of the Conviser Mini Reviews in
Braille. When I explained the problems with the flash media controls for the
lectures, she sent me a flash drive containing all of them. That said, I
feel like many of the accommodations were merely temporary solutions and
that BARBRI needs to make more of a commitment to accessibility in the
future. If anyone has specific questions for me about BARBRI, please contact
me off list at tai.tomasi8 at gmail.com or call me at (515) 710-4402.

Best,

Tai